Saturday, April 08, 2006

Now and then...

Today's it's my 36th birthday. 18 years ago today, like most young Uk males, I proceeded to hit the town with a bunch of mates and get completely and utterly pickled in beer. I think I was at the Bier Keller in Blackburn drinking Grolsh (out of the famous green bottle). Several Grolsh later (ok, it was many), I was passed out on the floor of the local dance club. I think it had the enchanting name of Peppermint Place. I'm sure this was a common experience for most folks my age.

Zip forward 18 years - tonight I'm heading out with my mates to Sushiman in Issaquah for a great dinner. Although they don't serve Grolsh, I'm sure there'll be plenty of sake and sapporo. Now the question is ... will anyone be passed out on a dance floor? :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Dana said...

If I'd read this before we went out, I would have tried to drag us out to a dance floor. But we had too many designated drivers for much passing out, I suspect. Ah, old fogies. :)

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your 18th...
3 bottles of Groslsch and you were being sick everywhere, whilst some of us had to calm the situation by swapping clothes with your girlfriend on the stage of a nightclub...
bet you can't guess who posted this?

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home